Monday, March 30, 2009

What Wonderful News!!!




I got a phone call last night around 10:30 from my best friend Abbey who is currently in Florida. She's the assistant coach for the PRP girls softball team and they are down there for a spring break tournament. I was in the shower when she called so I got out and saw I had a missed call from her and a new picture message. I open the picture message and see her left ring finger with the most gorgeous diamond ring on it! I called her back immediately and before she could say, "hi", I screamed are you engaged! And she is! I was so happy I cried.
Her boyfriend Bruce got down on one knee and proposed to her on the beach. How romantic. I could not be happier for them and I am so excited to help her plan the wedding. She asked me to be her matron of honor and I am so thrilled to do it. We've been best friends since the third grade and I am so blessed to have her. All the best things and hardest things in life, Abbey and I have faced together so I'm just over joyed to be there for her on one of the most important and special days of her life. I just can't quit smiling. When someone you love finds someone that loves them so much and makes them so happy it makes one of your dreams come true too. Bruce is such a great guy and I know he'll take such good care of Abbey. And, not only does Abbey get a wonderful husband, but she also gets Chase and Bella. They are such good kids and she loves them more than anything. Bella is a spunky little 4 year old, who is gorgeous and hilarious and Chase is finishing up 8th grade and is a really good athlete. He has already played a year of football at PRP as an 8th grader so by the time he's a Junior or Senior look out. Above there is a picture of their little family this past Christmas and one of me and Abbey at my wedding. Congratulations Abbey and Bruce!

No comments:

Post a Comment