Sunday, March 22, 2009

Our Saturday Project







Since we have had such beautiful weather this weekened Josh and I (maily Josh) decided to take on a little project. I'll start by saying Josh loves the grass. He mows every week, wants it to be greener than any of the neighbor's yards, etc. His dad's yard is like soft green carpet so I guess that is where he gets it. Anyway, when the dogs go out they jump off the little stone landing and turn to run so they have slowly but surely pounded the grass to a pulp in one spot. Our solution; landscape around the deck, to not only save the grass but to make the backyard a little more appealing.
Josh worked so hard digging up all the old grass/sod and then hauled all of it out to the field. Next we went to Lowe's and got out plants. We got some boxwoods, dwarf burning bushes and, pink heather. We get them all layed out and I restacked our firewood under the deck and Josh starts to dig. He's digging and then all of a sudden, "Clink". He hits the biggest boulder ever. We needed the plants spaced evenly and he kept trying to dig it out but we could not find the end of that huge thing. The geniuses that backfilled our house after that basement was poured were too lazy to take the boulder out of the dirt so now we're in a pickle. We head back to Lowe's, returned our extra shrubs and got the coolest little fountain to got there instead. I LOVE it! It's so nice to sit out there now and hear the water trickle. So I guess all in all the boulder was a good thing (keeping in mind it doesn't shift one day and the back in of our house caves in!)
Also, the last pic. is of Camy this morning before church. I thought she looked so cute in her little Gymboree outfit and shoes. This was the first day that she actually wore shoes out of the house that fit her! What a mile stone in a girls life :) My dad, and Chris and Katie came over and went to church with us today too so it was great to spend some time with them. And then my dad treated us to lunch at Olive Garden, which is one of my favorite places! Needless to say it was a great day with the fam.

2 comments:

  1. Your deck and fountain look beautiful! Josh did a great job...I wish SO bad I could have seen his face when he hit that rock. Ha ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful! Good job! Home ownership is so much fun with the unexpected in rocks! LOL! Cam looks beautiful as always. Love the shoes!!
    I love you Cameryn Lynn! Love you too Josh and Jordan! Have a good week! XOXOX
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete