Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One Chapter Closes. . .


Well today I officially quit my job at Randstad, and I must admit I am a little sad. I met with my boss, Dana this morning to let her know I wouldn't be returning from maternity leave. This couldn't happen without tears of course, but I let her know how thankful I am for the opportunity to work at such a great company and for everything she has done for me. Being a staffing agent at Randstad was my first "grown up" job after graduating college. I remember how excited I was to work for a world wide, professional company. I was in awe of how professional things ran and how much the company respected me as part of this team. I got to be out in the field and meet with clients, go to meetings and lunches, and had my own corporate expense account. I learned so much about business and about life in general from working there. It was such a good feeling to interview someone I really liked and then place them at the perfect job for them.

Above the work, I'm definitely going to miss our team the most. Dana, Lori, Robin, and I have been through so much together and I have enjoyed working with them so much. We have so many funny stories about our talent or the hoops our customers have made us jump through. I've spent many a late night filling orders with that wonderful group of women and I respect them more than words can say. I'll never forget the crazy lady who told me she was getting a million dollars back on her taxes or the time a car wrecked in front of out window while the bleachers were out for the derby parade, two more feet and the bleachers would have gone through our window! Downtown is full of it's characters but that is what made the days interesting and always gave us something to laugh about.

With the tough economy things are continually changing at Randstad as they try to come up with new innovative ways to sell more business and get more people working. I'm not going to miss the added stress or pressure to perform in a down market, but I am going to miss my job as a whole. The heart of my job was putting people to work and getting to know my customers well enough to meet their needs and help their business run more smoothly; That is what I loved.


However, the thing I love above all else is my little Camy. Raising her is my ministry in life and such a blessing. I am so fortunate to be able to stay home with her and be the kind of mom I always wanted to be. I don't want to miss any part of her life and now I don't have to. There will be a time when I will pick my career back up and start over, but now is the time to be with her. She's only going to be little once and I have my entire life to work to the choice is simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment