Monday, June 1, 2009

The Unknown

As some of you know, a big change is coming to the Burt household. Recently, I have been looking for ways to make extra money. I worked at my mom's shop one day as her "assistant" which was hilarious. I shampooed people's hair all day, washed towels, put toner on, etc. It gave me a whole new respect for what my mom does day in and day out. Ladies, your hairdresser works hard to make you beautiful! Well, I had been considering working a few nights a week and leaving Camy with Josh, but that wasn't really panning out either. Apparently with the tough economy no one is hiring, or the college kids out for the summer beat me to every respectable evening job!
Anyway, out of the blue my old boss from Randstad called me and wanted to know if I wanted to come back and work part time. I was so shocked, because before I left I asked to work part time but there just wasn't any position in the company that wasn't full time. Apparently the economy has been effecting them too, and they have done a little restructuring. They laid off five people about a month ago, so I was very flattered that they called me to come back. God just seemed to drop this in my lap, after weeks of praying for something to come my way. The great thing is the pay doesn't even compare to the other part time options I was pursuing and I'll get to be back with a great team. Of course the down side is I have to be away from Cameryn. When I say down side, I mean, keeps me awake at night, cry out of nowhere, even cherish her screaming in my ear when I take her bottle away to burp her, down side. She will only be in day care two days a week and the other day she will either be with her Grandma Deb, or playing with Erica and Sawyer. I cannot tell you what a blessing it is to know that one day a week she will be with people that love her and that will look after her like I would. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't send her to some shady day care, but it is still day care. She has four very sweet teachers in her room, and will get to socialize with other children. They sing songs, go for walks in this huge stroller, play on the floor with toys, etc. Basically lots of the same things we do here every day. The part that really pulls on my heart is that she is not the only baby in the room. There are going to be times when more than one of them is crying and want to be held, how do they decide who gets picked up first? Will she be sick more than she is well? It's impossible to keep one germy little kid away from another germy little kid. I know I shouldn't think about these things, but she is my whole world.
My strategy, because I have to have some type of plan of action, is to just pray for her each of every day. He can watch over her and protect her better than I can, and even though this is so hard to fathom, He loves her even more than I do. I'm praying for wisdom and discernment and for Him to just put a band of angels and a hedge of protection around my baby. I know for some people day care is great and is a way of life, but this move is a really big deal for us. As hard as it is, I do feel like God gave me this opportunity to work for a reason, and He was answering my prayers. I'm just so thankful that He has already sent me two angels in the form of Grandma Deb and Erica. I love these two women so much and I'm so thankful to have them in my life!

1 comment:

  1. My dearest Jordan,
    Sweetheart, I know what you are going through. I too have prayed for you, Josh, and now Cameryn, everyday that I have had you all in my life. Just remember God always has a bigger plan than what we can fatham. AND..when two or more pray in MY name it shall be done!! So let the GOOD LORD take care of our little Cameryn..He is better at it than we are even though we think there is no one that can care for our own children better than us. Cameryn will enjoy her new friends and I am sooo excited to be able to be a part of Cami's life on a regular basis. I love her soo much and both you and Josh. (if you didn't know that already!) Part of being a mom is the sacrifices...many are so hard to bear but God always gives us the strength! and for the most part it always turns out better in the end. Just remember...this hopefully won't be a permanent thing and you really enjoy your friends at Ronstadt. Look at it as a blessing...God truly answered your prayers! AND 2 days a week in daycare will be wonderful...just think how much she will continue to learn...of course Cameryn will be at the top of the class!! LOL!! I love you all and I will continue to pray that hedge of protection around her and her guardian angel be with her at all times! She is truly an ANGEL BABY!! I love you!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete