Monday, June 8, 2009

Our Weekend
















We had such a great weekend! The weather was absolutely gorgeous and we just got to spend time together. Saturday we woke up and played with Cameryn in the morning and she was in such a good mood. She is definitely a morning person (unlike her mom!) Almost every morning when I hear her in the monitor I go in and she is all smiles. Lately she has been rolling over and sticking her arm through the rails which is hilarious! She just turned five months and is already planning her escape from the crib.

When Camy went down for her nap Josh and I grilled hot dogs and ate outside on the deck. We just sat out there and talked and soaked in the sunshine. After Cameryn got up we headed over to my dad's to fish. Well, I didn't really get to fish too much, but we watched Josh, and strolled around the pond. My dad has 21 acres of land at his place. About 8 of those are cleared and that's where the house, barn, and pond are. The rest is wooded and hilly so the kids love to ride their four wheeler back there all the time. He just had the pond dug this past fall so this was actually Josh's first time fishing there. He did catch one pretty big catfish. The poor thing got the fish up onto the bank and was reeling him up to get him off the hook when the fish got free on his own! He flopped right back into the pond. One minute I look up and see the fish, the next it's gone. I yelled, "Hey, where'd your fish go?!" and he just shakes his head. Cameryn and I were headed down there to take a picture, but we missed the boat. If I wouldn't have seen the fish for like 2 seconds I would have thought he made the whole thing up.
Sunday we visited at a new church near our house. Well, the church itself is 30 years old, but they just built a bigger building and dedicated the new church this Sunday. We love Northeast (our current church) but it is 30 minutes from our house. It's a pretty big church too, so sometimes you can feel a little lost in the shuffle. We decided to try Calvary Christian since it is just two minutes away. We figured if we liked it, we would get to know more people in our town and Cameryn would eventually be friends with kids in her area. Anyway, the service was nice and the pastor was also very nice. The people in the congregation were very friendly and there were lots of kids there too. I must say it was a little more traditional than Northeast with a lot of "thee's" and "thou's" in the prayers and we did sing one hymn from the hymnals. I'm not opposed to hymns, I understand that the worship portion should appeal to everyone so I was glad they did that and had some more contemporary music as well. Anyway, It was different than what we are used to, but not bad. I think we're going to go again next week and see if God tells us to keep going. After church we went home for a little while and then back out to Gatti Land for Bella's 5th birthday party. She had a princess cake and tons of presents. This was Cameryn's first kid birthday party so she sat back and took it all in. At one point someone made the kids balloon swords and they were all running around having a sword fight. Cameryn was so into it! I know she was just thinking, "Man, when I can walk I'm definitely doing that! Look out Mom and Dad!" She is so fascinated by other kids and animals, it's hilarious.
Anyway those are the highlights of the weekend. Oh yeah, the picture of Camy and Josh while she's in the tub, she has a 4 inch tall mohawk but it kind of blends into the background. My sweet husband volunteered out of the blue to do bath time so I could get some things done. Cameryn and I have a lot to do today before her first day of daycare tomorrow so I better get ready while she's taking a nap. Keep us in your prayers! We need them, and I may possibly need medication!

No comments:

Post a Comment