Sunday, June 14, 2009

Easy Like Sunday Morning

Today has been a great, lazy day. We woke up pretty early since Cameryn is getting used to her new early wake up time during the week. Don't babies get the memo that on the weekends we sleep in? Anyway, she got up and ate and then I made blueberry muffins for me, Josh, and Deb. After breakfast Grandma had to head home. I'm so thankful for her all the time, but we really needed her this weekend, and as usual she was there.

Camy did well on her first day of daycare, and I did better than I thought. I was so busy making sure she had everything and that I was prepared for work that I didn't lose it until I had to say good bye. Ms. Jenny is so sweet but I just bawled when I handed Cameryn to her. The teacher hugged me and said that if I cry, she'll cry too. To which I responded, "Well, I guess we'll all just cry because I can't stop!" I cried half way to work, but eventually got it together. Between Josh and I we only called to check on her three times, which isn't too bad. They said she played and didn't make a peep most of the day. The only time she cried was like the last ten minutes before Josh came to get her. She was pretty exhausted from her first day since she didn't nap much, but overall it was a good day. Work went well too. It was like I never left. We were so busy I ended up covering the office for a little while by myself and filling orders. I had a nice little, "Welcome Back" sign on my desk and I brought a cake because we all love to eat! It felt good to work but I was so happy to see my baby when I got home!

Wednesday started off good. I was looking forward to spending the day with Cameryn since she slept quite a bit Tuesday evening from the lack of naps during the day. We got up and ate and played and then went to meet Abbey at David's Bridal. We had so much fun watching her try on wedding dresses! They were all so pretty, but she picked the most gorgeous gown. It was so elegant and unique. When she put it on you just knew that was the one. (I guess kind of like she feels about the groom!) At the end of out time there Camy started to get a little cranky and would only let me hold her. This was her cue that we would not be going to lunch with everyone. Once we got home she really wasn't much better, and by the time Josh got home we were both in tears. She had no fever, she wasn't hungry, had a dry diaper, I put orajel on her gums, I thought nothing could be wrong. Josh has the magic touch when it comes to putting her to bed so she took a nap I did too. We woke up and were both feeling much better. The next day it was off to daycare and work again. That morning my mom called around 6:30am and said my brother, Chucky was in a head on collision on Hwy 44 with a garbage truck. She was on her way to the hospital but said he was okay. His car was totaled and his friend got stitches and a dislocated hip. Chucky just had a busted lip and a few cuts and bruises but that's it. He is so lucky that he has a mother that prays for him.
Later that day when I called at lunch time to check on Cameryn they said she wasn't eating well and asked if she had an ear infection. I said I didn't think so because she hasn't been running a fever. Turns out they don't have to. I left work early and took her to the doctor, and sure enough she had an ear infection. I felt so awful for not knowing, and it took the people at daycare to figure out what was wrong with my baby! I was so glad her grandma was coming to watch her on Friday and give her extra love while I was at work.

Camy was good for Deb all day Friday and started to act more like herself by Friday evening. I mentioned before that I was so thankful for Grandma on this particular weekend for a few reasons. I had a headache when I came home from work but after some dinner and medicine was fine. Saturday we woke up early again so by the time it was time for Camy to take a nap it was only 8am. So I skipped out for a little while to check out some yard sales, where I got some really great stuff. Robin, Erica's mom had a yard sale at there house as part of their neighborhood wide yard sale. It was great. I got Camy lots of clothes, books, and toys. I stopped by the Zimmerman's for a while and got to see everyone and all the kidos. A few women from Erica's church brought things to sell so their kids were there playing with Sawyer and they were all so cute!
After I got home, Josh had asked Deb if she would mind to watch Cameryn so we could go to the movies. Of course she said she would so we went to see The Hangover. It petty crude, but hilarious none the less. I can't even remember the last time we had a "date" so we were definitely in need of some time together. At the end of the movie I started getting a headache that just got worse and worse. Long story short, I ended up taking my dinner to go and coming home and sleeping for the rest of the night. I was actually physically ill from this monster headache. It was pretty scary, but Josh and Deb took over with Cameryn and did a great job. I'm so glad Josh had some help because I was down for the count. Today has been pretty uneventful, but I'm glad! Between Cameryn being sick, me being sick, working, and my brother's accident I don't think we need much more. Anyway, we can't forget to count our blessings too! Those are much more numerous than our issues anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment