Saturday, April 18, 2009

Home Alone

Well, Cameryn and I spent our first night at home without Josh last night. He went to northern Ohio to hang out with a bunch of his friends from college. I just got off the phone with him and he's headed home now, but he said they had a really good time. There were about eight guys that all met up at Phil's house to give him a big send off. Phil played baseball at Dayton too, but after getting his degree he enlisted in the Marines, so he'll be going to Afghanistan soon. We'll be praying that he comes home safe and that God watches over him everyday as he serves our country. It's difficult to see someone go over to a war torn country and fight not only for America but for their own lives. I'm not from a military family at all so I guess, to me, putting yourself in so much danger seems very hard. But I am so thankful to God for people like Phil, and all of the soldiers out there that do have the courage and calling on their life to protect our nation. I'm so glad Josh got to go and see his old teammates and have a true "guys night". Heaven only knows what they did, but I'm sure I'll hear the stories when he gets home. If it's anything like what they all did together in college I know I'm in for a few laughs.

Camy and I were on our own and I must admit it was a little lonely. I mean I am the only person here that can talk! We drove over to my dad's and visited with him and Chris, Jessie, and her friend Chelsey. Right now my dad is working on taking a pool down at my cousin's house and then putting it up at his farm for the kids this summer. He stays so busy and always has some little project going on. It was nice to hang out over there and talk and watch the girls act goofy. On our way home from there we stopped at Chucky's new trailer. He put a down payment down a few weeks ago so he is getting all settled in. It's really nice too. He has a little yard, three bedrooms, two baths, fire place, and new carpet. His girlfriend recently moved out so he's trying to work on decorating a little, but that will all come in time. Other than going around visiting Camy and I had a pretty typical night. I can't wait to get out in the beautiful weather today with her! Happy Thunder to everyone going!

No comments:

Post a Comment