Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm Back With So Much To Say!











I bet everyone thought I had deserted out blog, but I'm back! Things have been so busy around here I just haven't had much time. The pictures of Cameryn are of my little angel learning to smile! It is so precious when she looks at you and shows those beautiful gums. Her whole face lights us and my heart melts. It's so cool that just weeks ago any resemblance of a smile could be chalked up to gas, but now they are in response to us. It's the sweetest thing in the whole world.
Other than that we had a great Valentine's Day weekend. Josh's mom and dad came down to visit and to watch Cameryn so we could have some much needed time together. We decided to go out earlier in the day on Saturday to avoid the dinner crowds. We decided on lunch and a movie, but on our way to the movie Josh looked at me and said I really don't want to go to the movies but I feel like we should because we have a sitter. I felt the same way so we threw the plan out the window. Instead we went to lunch at Chili's (Josh's favorite restaurant) and then went to the mall. We got the ring I got for Christmas sized and then headed to the Apple store to play with all the computers. Josh loves the ones with the huge monitors so we pulled up Will Smith singing "I'm Telling You" in Fresh Prince of Bel Air on Youtube. It is so freaking funny! After that we were off to Target. It doesn't really sound like the most romantic Valentine's Day but if you have a six week old, you know that having that first real day to yourself and just laughing and talking is incredible. I had so much fun and I felt like we really got reconnected, overall a great day!
The rest of the weekend we just ate, played games, and spent time with Deb and Ted. I am so blessed to have the best in-laws ever. We can talk about things, and just relax and be ourselves. I wish they lived closer so we could do more things together with out making "plans" to do them, but we do enjoy the time we have. They couldn't believe how much Cameryn had grown and how her little personality was starting to come out. Along with those smiles we have also noticed her temper is a little more defined. She's starting a new thing where she squeals when you take her bottle away to burp her, and I'm not talking about a little whimper, it's LOUD. I guess it's a little preview of the toddler days! Anyway, Deb actually just left today. She stayed into the week so I could go to work and finish training on Monday, which was such a blessing. And the bonus is that my boss released me to work from home early so my new job is up and running!
Things are going so well, God has blessed our family beyond my wildest dreams. Everyday I thank Him and just pray that He gives us the courage, strength, and wisdom to be good parents and the people He has called us to be. Right now our church is doing a series on growing your faith so that is my goal. I feel like this is the time in my life where I need to grow closer to Him and have a "Big Ole Faith" as pastor Bob would say. I want to be an example to my daughter and most importantly know my Father more. With all the blessings He has poured out it seems like I would have no choice but to have a strong faith, but I need to go deeper. I'm so excited to see what God has in store for me and my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment