Sunday, November 8, 2009

Boys and Their Toys



When we went to Logansport last weekend is was first and foremost, freezing! But aside from this Josh had a great time acting like a kid and racing around in this go-cart his dad built. The go cart was all fine and good but now my husband is talking about dune buggies and other four wheeled things that I know nothing about. This particular go-cart started as junk that a neighbor gave to Ted. ; Since they have started the tradition of going to 2 NASCAR races a year, Ted was going to make a motorized cooler with it by mounting a cooler on it and then making a really tall stearing wheel so you could sit on the cooler and drive it from point A to B (A pretty nifty idea in my book). Any how, one thing led to another and it ended up with a roto tiller motor and a rebuilt seat. I think the next step is new tires. Before we know it there will be XM radio! Josh had so much fun racing around the parking lot at his old elementary school. He works so hard, it's so good to see him just have fun and not have a care in the world. I'll admit I took it for a little spin myself. Being the embodiment of grace, I accidentally went through a puddle and splashed water all over my face and I was wearing my glasses so I was in need of some mini windshield wipers. And even though Ted is officially a "grandpa" he was not driving like one! Josh did have a little "wreck" at one point when he was trying to brake really hard and turn at the same time. Let's just say his rear end paid the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment