Friday, October 16, 2009

I'm Back and a Little Lighter!

I know I have been MIA lately but for good reason. After three very painful attacks and seeing about six doctors by the time it was all said and done I had my gall bladder removed on Monday. If you have ever had any trouble with your gall bladder you know what I mean by "attack". I would have a baby any day of the week compared to that pain. I'm sure the fear of now knowing what was wrong with me added to the pain, but it was BAD. I can remember riding to the emergency room moaning and praying for God to please let me be okay and let this pain go away. My poor husband! During the first attack we had no idea what was wrong and he had never seen me in such pain, it really scared him. While we were in the ER the pain started to gradually go away and then I was completely fine. At this point the doctor said I probably had acid reflux or it could be my gall bladder. I basically have an iron stomach and am the "garbage disposal of our family, I'll eat pretty much anything. I thought this was way off but he said the only way to know for sure was to run a scope down my throat or do an ultrasound. This would mean many other doctor visits and appointments, so like any busy mom I put it off. The doctor said it wouldn't be anything that would kill me, I would just have another attack or I may never have another one.
Needless to say it happened again so I did all the tests and found out I had a bunch of little gall stones. Apparently having little stones is worse than big ones because they can pass down into your pancreas and cause problems from there. I had surgery on Monday and all is well. I was pretty sore at first but today I took care of Cameryn on my own all day. Josh left this afternoon with his dad and brother to go to South Carolina to visit Uncle Bob and go to the NASCAR race tomorrow. He was so excited. He definitely needs a break since he has been mom, dad, and nurse all week. I'm sure the guys will have a great time on their "man trip" and will have tons of stories to tell when they come home. I'll be posting pictures soon of Camy's first trip to Huber's and other random things we've been doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment